Careful Planning Is Required To Determine What Is Right For You
Bankruptcy is designed to provide protection for consumers in troubling financial situations. If you're dealing with an overwhelming amount of debt in Niles, Illinois, or a nearby community, you need an experienced bankruptcy lawyer who will help you maximize the benefits you receive.
At the Law Office of Scott C. Polman, I offer detailed pre-bankruptcy planning to clients throughout the Niles and Chicagoland area. My experience and knowledge of the bankruptcy process will help you understand if you qualify for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, and which process makes the most sense for you. Contact my debt relief law firm to learn how I can help maximize the benefits afforded under the Bankruptcy Code.
Detailed Pre-Bankruptcy Planning Support
In an effort to help you maximize the benefits obtained during the bankruptcy process, I offer detailed advice on the steps to take before your filing, including things to avoid, such as:
- Credit card purchases on the eve of filing
- Transferring assets to family members
- Lending money to friends or family
- Certain property or asset transfers
- Draining your 401(k) or other retirement accounts
- Excluding assets or debts from your filing
- Writing bad checks
To get your case started, and to ensure that things run smoothly, we'll work closely together to:
- Gather all necessary documents, including pay stubs, your latest tax return, and medical bills
- Examine your credit report to ensure that all creditors and accounts are listed
- Complete the credit counseling which is required before your case is filed
- Make a full and complete disclosure of your assets, creditors and financial affairs
Struggling With Debt? Contact My Law Firm To Regain Control.
If you've fallen behind on your bills, it's vital to consult an experienced lawyer before making any major financial decisions. Please call 847-292-1989 or contact my office online to schedule an initial consultation. I am a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) and know what it takes to help you climb out of debt.
BAPCPA disclosure: My firm is a debt relief agency as designated by federal law. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.